Monday, July 12, 2010

canyoneering and rafting

This last Friday I went cayoneering down a river in the rainforest, and rafting the following day. I repelled down a 30 meter waterfall (roughly 90 ft), and a 15 meter one (45 feet). I also jumped off a 10 meter waterfall (30 ft).
The next day we went white water rafting, with rapids up to level 5. Within the first 20 minutes a girl broke her wrist. Completely. One of the girls on the trip was trained in first responder wilderness whatever, so she splinted it and a few of the girls left with the guides for a 2 mile walk to wait for a jeep for 1.5 hours. Then they went to the hospital.
5 of us girls stayed at the river, with two guides who didn't speak English and no first aid left. We then found out that the 7 of us were to complete the rest of the 4 hour trip. HAH. I threw a fit. I eventually got back on the raft though, and we finished the trip with little to no trouble.
My goodness. What a weekend. So glad to be alive.

love,
Abii

No comments:

Post a Comment